This is a three-part virtual workshop for beginner-level youth & adults who want to gain the tools and confidence it takes to become a self-published author. Provided by Shuína Skó, a self-published author of several poetry books that have been purchased throughout Turtle Island (North America) and in Europe.
Do I need to have a book ready to be published?
No, you don't even need to have started one yet
Do I need to have had work previously published?
No, only a willingness to learn is needed for this workshop
Do I need to talk or be on camera during the workshop?
No, Part-1 and Part-2 are lecture style and informational,
Part-3 allows you to ask questions if you're comfortable doing so
* * * * *
You are on your way to becoming a self-published author! This step-by-step workshop separated into three sessions. Each session is approximately 30 minutes in length and you choose which sessions you want (e.g. Part 1, Part 2, Part 1 and 2, or all three). Sessions are provided on Zoom and each session will have its own Zoom link. The Zoom link will be emailed to you prior to the workshop start date.
Here is an overview of what you will learn:
1. Navigating Microsoft Word
2. Understanding main parts of a book
3. Formatting a book that is print ready
4. Customizing/changing book dimensions
5. Inserting items (photos, etc) into the book
1. Navigating www.Amazon.com
2. Navigating self-publishing website
3. Creating a custom book cover
4. Choosing the paper type & pricing
5. Making the book available on Amazon
& Additional Support
* * * * *
CLICK TO SIGN UP & ACCESS ZOOM
CLICK TO ACCESS THE FREE ONLINE VERSION OF MICROSOFT WORD
CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD ADOBE
CLICK TO CREATE YOUR ONLINE SELF-PUBLISHING (KDP) ACCOUNT